Ten Things To Know
BEFORE Having Your Car Repaired
1. Your car is the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its re-sale value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
2. It is against the law to drive an unroadworthy or unsafe car. You stand the chance of prosecution and you may cause more damage.
3. You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate.
4. You have the right to choose the smash repairer of your choice. No Insurance Company can require you to use a particular body shop. It is your car. You say who repairs it!
5. Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary parts and labour. If you are not sure why one estimate is different from another you have received, please ask us. We will help you compare 'apples with apples'.
6. Choose a smash repairer who is properly equipped. Ask if they have a baking oven, necessary for the baked enamel work on today's cars. Enquire if they have body jigs to ensure structural realignment will be to manufacturer’s precise specifications. Ask for a "guided tour" of the workshop.
7. Check if the body shop is fitting new, genuine manufacturer sourced replacement parts to your car.
8. Enquire what, if any, warranty the smash repairer offers. Ask about his Code of Business Practice.
9. Ask if the body shop has any testimonials or accolades you may inspect before your car is repaired.
10. We can help you process your claim with your Insurance Company.